Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Bright Side of Life....

What is it your suppose to do when live throws you lemons...make lemonade? I don't like lemonade and actually would like to hurl the lemons back at life and hit life straight square in the noggin. Alas - perhaps I am misdirecting my frustration/anger/angst/fear/pissed
-off-ed-ness (I made that one up).
I am choosing to take the Monty Python route and look on the bright side of life. No matter what - things could always be worse. Lately we have been chewing on life's gristle, and the future is uncertain. But - it could be worse. We could be in the 8% of unemployed Oregonians. We could be in the huge group of people who are being foreclosed on. We could be among those I know suffering from serious illness with health insurance that refuses to cover the illness. We could be ducking and running from bombs and missiles aimed at our neighborhood.
I have a job, house, health care, and a safe place to live. I can take in the beauty of the sunrise and sunset. I find joy in the small things - my dog wagging his tail, hearing my neighbors baby crying......
Ok, after all that - the pity party is over. The road is uphill, but I know we can make it. I'm going to "give a whistle".

No comments: