Things about my dad:
* He is the king of one sentence wisdom/advice. The most famous and useful he gave me in a huge situation: "Don't turn on a faucet that you can't turn off". It was profound I tell you, made total sense and helped me make my decision!
* He plays Texas Hold 'em Poker every Friday at Spirit Mountain. When he wins he always tells me, " You shoulda backed me!" Every time we talk, he gives me a run down of his latest poker game...in poker speak...and I don't understand a word he is saying. But, I tell him good job and listen.
* Dad bought me my first fishing rod and reel - on my 30th birthday. It was the best present ever! We haven't gone fishing in awhile, but I did kick his butt one day 2 to 0. hee hee... He names all his rods and they can't be people names. We still argue that my rod can't be named Steve, and when I tried to name it Sven instead, he still said, "NO. It has to be something like Thunder, or Zeus, or Rage".
* We owned race horses when I was young. I have several pictures of us in the winners circle at Portland Meadows - Dad looks like Elvis - the sun glasses - the mutton chops, yep he was channeling The King.
* We used to go Lewis and Clarken'. That's Dad/Tina speak for checking out nature. My Dad loves to take a drive and knows all the cool places to stop and check the river for fish, or check for deer/elk. Driving to the beach could take hours if you want it. I think we are due for a trip. And by the way, he can spot deer and elk like nobodies business. Many conversations have gone: Dad -"WOW - look at the elk." Tina - "Where?" Dad - "There." Tina - "Where?" Dad - "Right there." Tina - "Where?" Dad - "THERE!" Tina - "WHERE!" You get the picture.
* On our last family vacation (w/o my brother) we visited places that have guest books. (cheese factory, etc.) Dad signed us in as Lewis Baughman (Dad), Clark Baughman (Traci my sister), Sacajawea (Mom), and The Dog (me). Don't ask.