Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Am I Blue.... Am I Blue....yet?


It's official. I am addicted to blueberries. I love them. Yes - I would marry them if I could.
Blueberry season has arrived...well at least in Selah, Washington. That's where my blueberries have been coming from...the blueberries I have been eating all week that is (yes, I do realize its only Wednesday). Specifically, I am referring to the two 2lb containers I have eaten this week. I just packed another 2lb container in my beach stuff. NO - I'm not ashamed. I'm like a camel - I need to fill my hump.
There is nothing more lovely than a box full of those little, round, chalky blue, spheres of perfection. Sweet, small, bursting with blueberry flavor.....
Do I need an intervention? Maybe. Someone assured me I would be sick if I ate all those blueberries. Well...let me tell you that the aforementioned sickness has not occured and will not! You don't know the amount of blueberries I can eat. My tolerance is high...HIGH!
I am starting to get flashes of Violet from Willy Wonka. "Violet, your turning violet, Violet!" I may turn blue.

No comments: